We have been selling Annie Sloan Chalk Paint® for a year now. Hearing about customer's projects, seeing projects on the Internet, Pinterest, other stockists' photos of projects and reading Annie's books have all been very inspiring for us. The table I am sharing with you today is inspired by a project in one of Annie's books.
Just a plain little table waiting for some love.
Wipe your piece clean.
Brush your paint on. We used Antibes Green. No priming or sanding needed.
We washed the top with Old White.
Brush on a thin coat. Wipe off with a wet rag.
We heavily distressed next and applied Clear Wax.
After that we Dark Waxed it as shown in the photo.
The final step was to buff it.
It turned out great, but we wanted to make it a little more special.
We added a little King Gold Gilding Wax to a few spots on the legs.
That is just what we were looking for. It is so unique and special now.
A few things to point out:
1. We did this project in the house because the paint is very low VOC.
2. A wax brush allows you to only apply a little wax at a time without using too much.
3. The Dark Wax over the Clear changes the paint color. It will richen it. Don't be afraid to pick a bright color.
4. Sometimes going a step beyond really makes the piece. (Like using the Gilding Wax.)
5. Follow us on Pinterest for more of our projects.
6. "Like" us on Facebook.
7. Don't forget that you can buy your Annie Sloan Chalk Paint® from
3750 Taylor Road
Loomis, Ca. 95650
Inside the High Hand fruit sheds.
Tuesday- Saturday 10-5
8. We hold classes the 3rd Tuesday of ever month. $95, supplies included. Call (916)663-4663.
Terry (one of the bricoleurs)