I have a couple of before and after projects to share with you.
The first is a cute little chandelier that I picked up at a garage sale. It was very dirty and I didn't like the color or the fluorescent bulbs.
I removed all of the crystals and bulbs. It had a brushed nickel look.
Next I took it out to the shop and it got a few coats of paint, some white and then some gold. I sanded it a bit here and there and then wiped on some stain. It was starting to look a bit more aged.
And here she is all finished. With new bulbs and the crystals attatched in a different pattern, she looks like a new lady. She has found a new home, I said goodbye to her at the last show.
The next project is a little dresser that needed some help.
Now it doesn't look all that bad here, but the grey paint was chipped in uneven places and it just needed a face lift. First, my husband stripped the top and gave it a clear coat. Next he started sanding it to prep it and under the grey was a pretty light blue. He ended up sanding the whole thing and never had to paint it at all!
All finished and ready to go! This piece was fun because of the surprise paint underneath.
These two pieces got new looks and new life.
Terry (one of the bricoleurs)